2018 Call for Proposals Timeline
Monday, June 4 | Call for Proposals Closes
Monday, July 16| Presenters Notified of Acceptance
Monday, August 6 | Presenters Notified of Schedule
The TAGT Annual Conference audience is diverse and made up of all layers of the gifted community.
- 75% Classroom Teachers/GT Specialists
- 15% District Administrators
- 10% Campus Administrators, University Staff, Parents
Attendee Educator Stats:
- 50% Multi-disciplinary, G/T pull-out, or all core areas K-5
- 30% Core content areas: English, Math, Science, Social Studies
- 50% Pre-K – Grade 2
- 60% Grades 3-5
- 35% Grades 6-8
- 20% Grades 9-12
Most popular topics in 2018
- Technology in the classroom
- Critical thinking
- Mindsets, grit, and resilience
- Serving underrepresented populations
- Nature, needs, and characteristics of gifted students
- Project-based learning
- Genius Hour
- Reading strategies
Most requested topics in 2018 evaluation
- Questioning strategies
- Differentiation strategies
- Meeting needs of secondary students
- Programming strategies
- Assessment strategies
- Advanced or deeper-level classroom activities/strategies
- Integration of technology
- Social and emotional needs of gifted students
- Content strategies
- Primary-level instruction
- All presenters (including co-presenters) are required to register for or exhibit at the conference.
- All proposals must be non-commercial. This means the information provided can be used by attendees without the purchase of any materials or products. While it is acceptable to note the source of supporting materials, the presentation cannot be a sales pitch or a product showcase.
- All presenters are asked to contribute to pre-event marketing. (ie. social media posts, videos, and other promotional items.)
Vendor Presentation Policy
TAGT is dedicated to ensuring that our members and event attendees are provided with the highest level of professional development and training possible. In order to ensure a meaningful and unique learning experience TAGT, with membership feedback, has developed the following requirements for commercial companies or vendors presenting at a TAGT Conference:
- Any presenting company or organization with a commercial or financial interest in engaging with our members must be represented at the event as an exhibitor and/or sponsor of the event.
- Selected companies must co-present with a client currently utilizing your services/resources in a gifted education setting. This not only helps to maintain the integrity of the session but also benefits your company by positioning you as a trusted resource in the gifted community. Co-presenter must be submitted at the time the proposal is submitted.
- The collection of any attendee information including, but not limited to names, email addresses and, phone numbers is prohibited outside of the presenting company’s exhibit space and/or other area determined acceptable by TAGT.
If you have questions about presentation proposals, contact Lacy Compton, Education and Communications Manager, at email@example.com or 512.499.8248.