Congratulations! You have been selected to speak at the giftED17 Conference . . . but that is just the first step! Below you will find information on how to share this great news on your social media outlets, plus presentation tips, important deadlines, and so much more. This page will serve as the hub for conference speakers and will contain pertinent information. Please check back often!
- Become a Social Media Ambassador
- Important Dates
- Find Your Session Details
- Presenting Tips and Tricks
- Speaker Policies
- Session Room and Time: All sessions are listed with room locations in the giftED17 app. Find your listing here.
- Handouts: You should have received a personalized edit link and from there you can update your profile, view sessions, and upload handouts. If you have not received the link, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Session Logistics
- Room Sets and Capacities: Room sets to view all Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday room sets and capacities
- Audio Visual: All meeting rooms are equipped with an LCD projector, screen, podium, and microphone. TAGT does not provide audio speakers. The Playground is equipped with a 60″ monitor. You must provide your own computer; if you use a Mac or only have an HDMI port, please bring your adaptor.
Share the news that you’re presenting at giftED17. Let your fans know you’re coming by tagging @txgifted and #giftED17, as well as downloading and sharing one of our handy, social media ready graphics or sharing one of our ready-to-use blurbs:
I’m presenting at #giftED17! Join me and more than 2,000 passionate advocates sharing outstanding gifted education strategies at this energizing event. @txgifted
I’m presenting at #giftED17! Join me to find out new ways you can serve the needs of your gifted students. @txgifted
Social media icon:
Facebook cover image:
Twitter cover image:
November 8: Last day to receive negotiated conference hotel room rate
November 17: Presentations and handouts submitted to TAGT (instructions coming soon)
November 29: giftED17 Conference Institutes and Conference Kick-Off
November 30: giftED17 Breakout Sessions and INSPIRE Awards
December 1: giftED17 Breakout Sessions
- All presenters (including co-presenters) are required to register for or exhibit at the conference.
- All proposals must be non-commercial. This means the information provided can be used by attendees without the purchase of any materials or products. While it is acceptable to note the source of supporting materials, the presentation cannot be a sales pitch or a product showcase.
- Speakers are highly encouraged to contribute to pre-event marketing (i.e. social media posts, videos, and other promotional items).
Vendor Presentation Policy
TAGT is dedicated to ensuring that our members and event attendees are provided with the highest level of professional development and training possible. Based on membership feedback and in order to ensure our event a meaningful and unique learning experience, TAGT has developed the following requirements for commercial companies or vendors presenting at giftED17:
- Any presenting company or organization with commercial or financial interest in engaging with our members must be represented at the event as an exhibitor and/or sponsor of the event.
- Selected companies must co-present with a client currently utilizing your services/resources in a gifted education setting. This not only helps to maintain the integrity of the session, but also benefits your company by positioning you as a trusted resource in the gifted community. Co-presenter must be submitted at the time the proposal is submitted.
- Collection of any attendee information including, but not limited to names, email addresses and phone numbers is prohibited outside of the presenting company’s exhibit space and/or other area determined acceptable by TAGT.
Audio Visual Equipment
Rooms are equipped with an LCD projector, a screen, and appropriate microphones. If you indicated on your proposal that additional equipment might be required, we will do our best to accommodate. However, we may not be able to provide due to budgetary constraints.
If you have any further questions, contact Paulina van Eeden Hill, Director of Events and Professional Development, at email@example.com or 512.499.8248.