giftED21 COVID Safety
We are excited to experience the energy of learning together as we plan to gather at giftED21, December 1-3, in Dallas and Online. Providing a safe environment for all participants remains our top priority as we continue to navigate the ongoing pandemic. With this in mind, we are writing to provide you with an important update on the safety measures being put into place for giftED21.
giftED21 COVID Safety Announcement
In response to Governor Abbott’s most recent Executive Order (EO-GA-40) limiting the right for private entities to solely utilize vaccination status as a safety precaution and in keeping with our goals to create the safest environment possible while remaining community-minded citizens, TAGT will adjust the giftED21 health and safety guidelines as follows:
TAGT will require all participants at the in-person giftED21 conference – including attendees, presenters, exhibitors, staff, volunteers, and sponsors – to show proof of full vaccination* OR proof of a negative COVID-19 test** (administered by a medical provider no earlier than Sunday, November 28) to attend. More information is here regarding the secure and HIPAA-compliant third-party service TAGT will use to verify requirements.
No in-person gathering during the pandemic is without risk, and although these health and safety requirements do not guarantee safety, it is part of the overall safety plan for protecting our community. The following other health and safety guidelines will also be in place:
- In consideration of each other, giftED21 will be a mask positive conference and all attendees will be strongly encouraged to wear a mask in the giftED21 event space when not actively eating or drinking.
- The Hilton Anatole has in place the highest levels of sanitization and safety measures. Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the hotel. Read more about our host hotel’s health and safety procedures here.
- Every effort will be made to encourage and enable social distancing when at all possible, in meeting rooms, the exhibit space, and other venues.
- If you feel sick, please stay home. Your TAGT community will miss you greatly, but for your recovery, your colleagues’ safety, and the health of everyone you may come into contact with, please don’t travel. We are happy to transfer your registration to giftED21 Online so that you can participate in the safety of your own space.
In consideration of this change to our safety protocols, TAGT is extending the Early Bird Registration Discount until November 8, 2021. We respect that everyone who chooses to participate either in person or online are making the best decision for themselves, their families, and their communities and look forward to seeing you either in Dallas or Online in December!
*Full vaccination is considered:
- Two Moderna or Pfizer vaccines with second dose administered on or before November 17, 2021
- One Johnson & Johnson does administered on or before November 17, 2021
**Negative COVID test results should include:
- Full name
- Date administered (on or after November 28, 2021)
- Negative result
- Signature or verification that test administered by a medical professional