TAGT is thrilled to announce the 2017 giftED Conference Scholarship opportunity available to professional members who are relatively new to the field of gifted education (5 years or less) and with very limited experience at the giftED Conference (no more than one time attending).
Awardees will receive up to $500 to be used in any way to support full attendance (registration, hotel, and/or travel). As a condition of the scholarship, each awardee must agree to register for the full three-day conference. Awardees who fail to register for the full annual conference by the date specified will be required to refund the scholarship.
Hurricane Harvey – Gulf Area Members
30% of TAGT Members reside in the area affected by Hurricane Harvey and we strongly encourage these districts to apply. As the giftED17 Conference is in Houston, this is a wonderful opportunity for these areas to save precious funds and still participate in this valuable experience.
To be eligible to receive a conference scholarship, the following conditions must be met:
- Active TAGT professional membership (become a member)
- Working in gifted education field in any capacity for 1 to 5 years
- Applicant may have only attended the giftED Conference (Annual Conference) 1 time or less
- Previous conference scholarship recipients are not eligible
The completed application will include:
- Contact information, verification of qualifications and demographic information
- Answers to application questions
- A document on school/district letterhead
- Note that you have the full support of your campus principal or district administrator to register and attend all three days of the giftED17 Conference
- Agree that if you are unable to register, the school or school district assumes full responsibility for refunding the $500 award to TAGT by January 15, 2018
|Sept 18th – Oct 15th||Application period*|
|Oct 16th – Oct 22nd||Evaluation Period|
|Late October||Winners announced|
|Nov 29th – Dec 1st||Winners recognized at giftED 2017|
Awardee Expectations and Agreements:
- Active professional member of TAGT
- Register for full conference (3-day registration)
- Attend Conference Scholarship Orientation, Time and Date TBD
- Attend TAGT Conference Welcome Reception, Wednesday, November 29th
- Attend TAGT Awards Night on Thursday, November 30th (scholarship awardees will be recognized as a group)
- If applicable, post about conference experiences on TAGT Connect or other social media platforms throughout the conference
- Awardees agree to participate in TAGT programs in 2018 by either: (a) volunteering to serve on a TAGT committee or (b) submitting a proposal to present at a 2017 TAGT event. Note: volunteering or submitting a proposal to present does not necessarily imply placement or acceptance
*If you apply for the Conference Scholarship but are not selected, you will still be able to register at the early registration rate.